Kiss and Ride Procedures
Cooper’s Kiss and Ride plan is designed to help keep students safe, as well as maintain traffic flow during arrival/dismissal times. Due to FCPS Department of Facilities renovation preparation, the back lot previously used for Kiss and Ride is occupied with temporary Learning Cottages. For the 2019-2020 school year, Kiss and Ride drop-off and pick-up will occur on the tennis courts.
Students are strongly encouraged to ride the bus to and from school to alleviate long waits at Kiss and Ride. However, if students must be driven, it will be important to understand, follow, and adhere to the following procedures:
- Kiss and Ride drop-off is located at the back of the school.
- Cars enter from Balls Hill Road, proceed straight, bear right around the building, and onto the Tennis Courts (behind the back parking lot).
- There is a designated drop off zone where students disembark, walk between the E and F quads, proceed up the stairs, and enter at door number 5. Note: After you have made the turn in the loop, please have students exit your vehicle on the right side.
- Cars exit the parking lot at the location that they entered.
- The Dead Run access road (Dead Run) is closed during arrival and departures.
- Cars are not permitted in front of the school from 7:00 am - 7:45 am.
- Notes from parents are not needed for students to use Kiss and Ride.
- Cars will use the same Kiss and Ride traffic loop for pickup.
- Students will exit the school from door 5 and meet the vehicles at the car line.
- There will be no parking or driving in the front parking lot from 1:45 pm - 2:35 pm.
We need to do everything we can to guarantee the safety of our students. Therefore, no students should ever be dropped off at the following locations:
- Dead Run
- Balls Hill Rd
- Georgetown Pike cross streets
- Parking lots and intersections that lead into the school.
Again, we highly encourage students to ride the bus.