New Student Registration
Welcome to Cooper Middle School!
We're excited to welcome our newest Cougars!
We are a school in Fairfax County, Virginia.
New students fall into one of two registration categories:
- Students who are new to Cooper Middle School and are not currently enrolled in another school in FCPS.
- Students who are new to Cooper Middle School and who are currently enrolled in FCPS, but did not most recently attend elementary school at Churchill Road ES, Colvin Run ES, Forestville ES, Great Falls ES, or Spring Hill ES as a sixth-grader.
- If the student attended an elementary school at one of the elementary schools listed above, there is nothing that needs to be completed. The student records will be automatically transferred to Cooper Middle School.
To join Cooper Middle School, determine if your student lives in our boundary by viewing the FCPS boundary locator.
If your student does live in the Cooper MS boundary, please fill out the new student registration intake form below. This form will be submitted to Annie Eisman, who will be able to assist you with the new student registration process.
Student families wishing to register a student with a home language other than or in addition to English should please contact the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center. Here professionals may assess your student's English language skill and/or educational level. These assessments can provide valuable information to the local school and support your child's instructional needs.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center webpage.
Special registration situations can include nonparent registrations, situations involving divorced or separated parents, homelessness, foster care, and foreign exchange students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Special Registration Situations webpage.
FCPS welcomes responsive and collaborative communication and partnerships with the parents and families of our students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Military Registration webpage.